Thursday, December 22, 2011

Book Review: Fierce Beauty

I have just had the opportunity to review Kim Meeder's book Fierce Beauty: Choosing to Stand for What Matters Most, and I am pleased by what I have read. This is an excellent book for women who wish to strengthen their relationship with God. 

In her book, Meeder illustrates how sin, any sin, can come between us and our Father.  She uses personal experiences to show that our worth, our beauty, comes from God.  We all struggle with something that pulls us away from our relationship with God, putting us before Him.  In each of her accounts, Meeder clearly shows a parallel of how the event symbolizes sin in our lives.  I liked how she saw the beauty in her experiences and sought out God's purpose in those experiences. It is clear that Meeder believes all things have a purpse, and that purpose is to honor God. She clearly points to using whatever we have in our lives, whether it be a gift or a smile, to encourage others, to steer them toward God.  Meeder drives home the fact that we are to be warriors for Christ and all that he stands for.

This book can be used in a book study by using the discussion questions in the back. 


**I received a copy of this book from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishers for the purpose of an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.